Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival Youth & Kids Policy
To ensure a proper level of capacity, security and safety for all attending, volunteering or performing at the Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival, particularly those who are under 12, we have a Youth & Kids Policy in place which forms part of our Terms & Conditions for the event. Please take the time to read this carefully if you are bringing minors aged 12 or under to the Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival.
Everyone regardless of age requires a ticket to attend the Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival. See below for pricing details. After purchasing your festival tickets, all Youth & Kids attending must be registered to receive their wristbands. Youth & Kids registration forms will be emailed to ticket buyers prior to the festival. Youth & Kids wristbands will only be issued if an emergency contact name / number for their time at the festival has been registered. It’s important for everyone’s safety that we have contact information on record in the event of an incident. Adult guardians and the Youth/Kids must both be present at the time of check-in to receive their wristbands.
Kids aged 7 and under are admitted free and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 25 at the festival gates (or they may be refused entry) and at all times while at the festival.
Youth aged 8 to 12 require a ticket at half the price of a full price ticket and may enter the festival gates without their guardian, if they have checked-in and are wearing the appropriate youth wristband. Youth may be asked to provide photo ID which lists their Date Of Birth in order to receive a youth wristband. Failure to present ID may result in denial of entry and there are NO refunds.
How It Works:
- Complete your online purchase for the Youth & Kids tickets your family/group requires
- Kids tickets are non-transferrable and you will not be sent a ticket/PDF for them before the festival.
- Youth tickets will be delivered as normal after your purchase.
- Prior to the festival the Youth Registration Form will be sent to all customers with Youth & Kids tickets on their orders. You MUST fill this out ahead of time. We reserve the right to refuse registration of Kids on site due to capacity restrictions.
- Bring your Youth/Kid to the Youth Check In Tent (details will be emailed with the Youth Registration Form) to provide ID for them and their on-site guardian and receive their wristbands.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that all Youth and Kids accompanying them comply with instructions issued by festival staff. They must also follow any instructions contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival site.
Minors must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities while on site or in the campgrounds. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour. Consuming and/or handling alcohol underage is strictly prohibited and will result in ejection from the venue without refund or replacement of tickets.
Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian and all accompanying minors from the festival site.
If you are an adult planning to accompany any minors at Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival, please ask yourself if the following questions are relevant to you:
1) Can I moderate my alcohol intake so that I can responsibly take care of any minors in my care?
2) Can I still enjoy Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival with minors in tow?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to either question you might need to re-think whether you are the right person to be accompanying minors at Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival.
Anyone who is considering being the nominated adult in such circumstances should consider this responsibility very carefully.
Tips for bringing a Youth or Kid to Kaslo Jazz Etc Festival:
- Designating a family meeting space (such as the Kids Tent) in case you become separated or cannot communicate by phone.
- Take a photo somewhere scenic so you have a picture from today
- Ear protection is a must. Our stages can get loud!
- You are welcome to bring food/drinks/shade/blankets with you. Please review the What To Bring/What Not To Bring list and plan ahead for a great day!
- There is a huge beach in Kaslo Bay Park and lots of swimming. There are No Lifeguards on duty. Please keep an eye on kids near the water!
If you have more questions about this, contact us and we’ll chat! Many of our staff have kids and have attended the festival as a youth and/or accompanied their families to the event.