2018 Food Vendor Booth:
$525.00 + GST/Service Fee + Camping
PRE-PAYMENT IS DUE UPON APPLICATION. PLEASE PAY HERE:
- Completed Online Vendor Application Form
- Pre-Payment of Vendor Fee online
- Damage Deposit of $300.00 Cash or Cheque mailed to KJES
- Signed copy of the KJEF Zero Waste Policy
This VENDOR BOOTH INFO PACKAGE constitutes an AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE with KJES
By submitting an application you agree to conform to all the conditions and acknowledge that the Damage Deposit is held as security, and can be forfeited for non-compliance.
Services Included & Additional Charges:
- Admission for 4 staff persons for 3 days is included;
- all additional staff over 4 must purchase festival admission. Please contact Vendor Coordinator for details.
- 10’x10’ vending space;
- Every foot of frontage, or portion, over 10’ adds $25/ft – includes hitches, service area, prep area, door access, etc. Purchasing multiple spaces is permitted.
- One 20 amp duplex electrical receptacle is included;
- $50/additional 20 amp duplex receptacle; must be noted in application
- Generators onsite are NOT permitted;
- Only CSA certified equipment allowed;
- Access to festival grey water system is included;
- Mandatory: Vendor must provide an automatic sump pump and check valve with storage for grey water with a ¾” outlet for connection to festival system;
- Hook up to municipal potable water system is included
- Vendor must provide food grade hoses for hook-up.
- Please note: Camping is NOT included in Vendor Fee. Please purchase Camping Pass separately (if required) here: https://kaslojazzfest.tickit.ca/
Conditions & Vendor Requirements:
- Each vendor must have $2 million public liability and provide a copy of policy by June 15th, 2018
- $300.00 Damage Deposit will be held by KJES until after event.
- Deposit can be cheque or cash. Cheques should be dated August 3rd, 2018
- Cash will be returned or cheques destroyed by August 20th.
- Each booth shall have at least one 5lb (minimum) ABC fire extinguisher.
- Festival Hours of Operation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am – 11:00pm.
- Deadline for Application is April 16th, 2018. Completed applications will be notified of decision by this date.
- Payment of Vendor Fees is due upon Application. No Application is considered without pre-payment. Unsuccessful applications will be refunded by June 15th.
- No smoking in vending or food areas – note our festival site is a non-smoking event.
- There is no refund of Vendor Fees for successful applicants after approval.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- A Special Event Food Services Permit must be obtained for your booth from Interior Health. A copy must be supplied to KJES by June 15th, 2018; call (250) 505-7221 for info or download application here. If you do not supply this Permit by June 15th, or notify KJES of any delays, you will not be permitted to vend.
- Each operator and worker must have completed the B.C. FoodSafe Course and certificates must be copied to KJES by June 15th, 2018
- No food preparation on site unless in a commercial kitchen approved by Interior Health
- All vendors must provide their own utility wash sink with an automatic sump pump and check valve and storage for grey water with ¾” outlet;
- No grease or solids disposed of on-site – they must be tanked and arrangements can be made with the toilet pumping service truck;
- When set up is complete, please contact the Vendor Coordinator for inspection, a checklist will be completed and signed by the vendor for our files.
- VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN WITH VENDOR COORDINATOR BEFORE GOING ON-SITE OR SETTING UP;
- VENDORS MUST LOAD IN AT THEIR ASSIGNED TIME on Thursday August 2nd between 8AM TO 8PM
- Site locations for booths will be maximum 10-ft frontage by 10-ft deep, unless prior arrangements are made (additional fees apply).
- All booths MUST be set up and ready to go by 10:00am on Friday. No vehicles on site after 10pm Thursday. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Vendors are responsible for their own: camping, parking, shelters, tables, chairs and other required equipment/materials
- Security Guidelines: Each Vendor is responsible for their products and possessions left on site. Vendors will not leave cash on site overnight. KJES does not provide overnight Vendor security; please discuss your needs with the Vendor Coordinator. It is strongly suggested that your booth be securely “locked” for overnight.
- VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE SITE AFTER 10PM THURSDAY AUGUST 2ND
- Loading and unloading before and after the event by arrangement with Vendor Coordinator only.
- THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON FESTIVAL SITE OR KASLO BAY PARK ROAD. Vendors will have to park at their camp site or make alternate arrangements.
- Vendors are required to supply and maintain at least one garbage container, one container for returnables and one container for composting in their booth. KJES will inspect and collect all waste from your booth throughout the weekend. Vendors not abiding by the Zero Waste Policy will risk losing their damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for separating and labelling appropriately: garbage, compost, recycling. Do not use on-site festival waste stations.
- Deadline for removal of all goods from site is Monday August 6th at 12pm.
- All vendors must be “Bear Aware” and keep booth and area secure, clean and free of attractants.
Zero Waste Policy:
Our goal is to eliminate garbage going into landfills! We need your help!
The Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival has created a Zero Waste Policy to facilitate a Green Festival! Please throughly read, print and sign the Policy and send it (with your deposit) to the KJEF by June 15th, 2018.
Link to Zero Waste Policy: https://kaslojazzfest.com/zero-waste-policy/
This zero waste policy is MANDATORY for all vendors at KJEF. Vendors are required to comply to all policy instructions clearly and thoroughly for the entirety of the festival.
Vendors who fail to comply with this Zero Waste Policy will lose their damage deposit and not be considered for future events.
Zero Waste Hints: PLEASE CONTACT KJES FOR BIO-DEGRADABLE FOOD SERVICE SUPPLIES (if necessary)
- Sell food/beverages at the event in packaging that can be recycled or composted. Reduce use of disposables wherever possible.
- Please DO NOT sell food/beverages packaged in non-recyclable or non-compostable materials, for example: Polystyrene, Glass (for safety reasons), and Waxed cardboard. Recyclable plastic in our area are numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7.
- Avoid single serving items: instead use large closable dispensers or squeeze bottles Bulk containers need to meet health requirements.
- Eliminate unnecessary waste items, over-packaging & products that are over-packaged. Reduce the use of plastic cutlery and plastic bags. Use wooden stir sticks and paper bags when needed.
- Correctly sort and dispose of waste, recyclables, and compostable at the event.
- Rinse clean all recyclable containers used in food preparation and use blue or clear bags for collection.
- Bring goods into the festival in cardboard or reusable boxes/containers.
The KJEF Thanks your for your cooperation!