2019 Food Vendor Booth
$525.00 + GST/Service Fee
Please note: Camping is NOT included in Vendor Fee. Please purchase Camping Pass separately (if required) here: Camping and Accommodations Page Jazzlo Bay Campground is highly recommended for vendors as it is just above the festival grounds. Limited spaces available!
PRE-PAYMENT IS DUE UPON APPLICATION. PLEASE PAY HERE:
2019 Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival Vendor Payment
- Completed Online Vendor Application Form
- Pre-Payment of Vendor Fee paid online
- Damage Deposit of $300.00 paid online
This VENDOR BOOTH INFO PACKAGE constitutes an AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE with KJES
By submitting an application you agree to conform to all the conditions and acknowledge that the Damage Deposit is held as security, and can be forfeited for non-compliance.
Services Included & Additional Charges:
- Admission for 4 staff persons for 3 days is included;
- all additional staff over 4 must purchase festival admission. Please contact Vendor Coordinator for details.
- 10’x10’ vending space; Every foot of frontage and depth over 10’ adds $25/ft – includes hitches, service area, prep area, door access, etc. Purchasing multiple spaces is permitted.
- For example: 15’ frontage X 20’ depth is: $525 plus taxes (10×10 base fee) + $125(frontage) + $250(depth) = $900
- One 20 amp duplex electrical receptacle is included;
- Additional power pricing (select in application):
- Generators onsite are NOT permitted; pricing for other power
o Only CSA certified equipment allowed;
- Access to festival grey water system is included;
- Mandatory: Vendor must provide an automatic sump pump and check valve
- With storage for grey water with a 3⁄4” outlet for connection to festival system;
- Hook up to municipal potable water system is included
- Vendor must provide food grade hoses for hook-up.
Conditions & Vendor Requirements:
- All vendors must be present at the festival site for a mandatory meeting with our Green Team for a 30 minute Zero Waste orientation on Thursday August 1, 2019. Details to come. Please see below for further information on our Zero Waste Policy.
- Each vendor must have a valid business license with the Village of Kaslo and provide a copy of the license by June 30th, 2019. Business licenses can be purchased through KJES for $10.00 + fees if required.
- Each vendor must have $2 million public liability and provide a copy of policy by June 30th, 2019
- $300.00 Damage Deposit will be held by KJES until after event. Deposit must be paid by credit card. Deposits will be returned by August 20th upon successful completion of this agreement.
- KJES reserves the right to inspect vendors booths for compliance in all matters relating to this agreement not limited to: Zero Waste Policy, Booth Size/Footprint and electrical usage. Any violations to the Vendor Agreement may result in withholding of damage deposit by KJES.
- Each booth shall have at least one 5lb (minimum) ABC fire extinguisher.
- Festival Hours of Operation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am – 11:00pm.
- Deadline for Application is March 31, 2019. Completed applications will be notified of decision by April 15th, 2019.
- Payment of Vendor Fees is due upon Application. No Application is considered without pre-payment. Unsuccessful applications will be refunded by April 15th 2019.
- No smoking in vending or food areas – note our festival site is a non-smoking event.
- There is no refund of Vendor Fees for successful applicants after approval.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- A Special Event Food Services Permit must be obtained for your booth from Interior Health. A copy must be supplied to KJES by June 30th, 2019 by; call (250) 505-7221 for info or download application here. If you do not supply this Permit by June 30th, or notify KJES of any delays, you will not be permitted to vend.
- Each operator and worker must have completed the B.C. FoodSafe Course and certificates must be copied to KJES by June 30th, 2019
- No food preparation on site unless in a commercial kitchen approved by Interior Health
- All vendors must provide their own utility wash sink with an automatic sump pump and check valve and storage for grey water with 3⁄4” outlet;
- No grease or solids disposed of on-site – they must be tanked and arrangements can be made with the toilet pumping service truck;
- When set up is complete, please contact the Vendor Coordinator for inspection, a checklist will be completed and signed by the vendor for our files.
- VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN WITH VENDOR COORDINATOR BEFORE GOING ON-SITE OR SETTING UP;
- VENDORS MUST LOAD IN AT THEIR ASSIGNED TIME on Thursday August 1st 2019 between 8AM TO 8PM
- Site locations for booths will be maximum 10-ft frontage by 10-ft deep, unless prior arrangements are made (additional fees apply).
- All booths MUST be set up and ready to go by 10:00am on Friday. No vehicles on site after 10pm Thursday. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Vendors are responsible for their own: camping, parking, shelters, tables, chairs and other required equipment/materials
- Security Guidelines: Each Vendor is responsible for their products and possessions left on site. Vendors will not leave cash on site overnight. KJES does not provide overnight Vendor security; please discuss your needs with the Vendor Coordinator. It is strongly suggested that your booth be securely “locked” for overnight.
- VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE SITE AFTER 10PM THURSDAY AUGUST 1st
- Loading and unloading before and after the event by arrangement with Vendor Coordinator only.
- THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON FESTIVAL SITE OR KASLO BAY PARK ROAD. Vendors will have to park at their camp site or make alternate arrangements.
- Vendors are required to supply and maintain at least one garbage container, one container for returnables and one container for food composting one container for paper in their booth. KJES will inspect and collect all waste from your booth throughout the weekend. Vendors not abiding by the Zero Waste Policy will risk losing their damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for separating and labelling appropriately: garbage, food compost, recycling. Do not use on-site festival waste stations.
- Deadline for removal of all goods from site is Monday August 5th at 12pm.
- All vendors must be “Bear Aware” and keep booth and area secure, clean and free of attractants.
Zero Waste Policy:
Our goal is to eliminate garbage going into landfills! We need your help!
The Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival has created a Zero Waste Policy to facilitate a Green Festival! Please thoroughly read and sign the Policy and send it to the KJEF by June 30th, 2019.
Link to Zero Waste Policy: https://kaslojazzfest.com/zero-waste-policy/
This Zero Waste Policy is MANDATORY for all vendors at KJEF. Vendors are required to comply to all policy instructions clearly and thoroughly for the entirety of the festival.
Vendors who fail to comply with this Zero Waste Policy will lose their damage deposit and not be considered for future events.
Zero Waste Hints: PLEASE CONTACT KJEF FOR BIO-DEGRADABLE FOOD SERVICE SUPPLIES (if necessary)
- Sell food/beverages at the event in packaging that can be recycled or composted. Reduce use of disposables wherever possible. Plastic beverage bottles are not permitted on-site.
- Please DO NOT sell food/beverages packaged in non-recyclable or non-compostable materials, for example: Polystyrene, Glass (for safety reasons), and Waxed cardboard. Recyclable plastic in our area are numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7.
- Avoid single serving items: instead use large closable dispensers or squeeze bottles Bulk containers need to meet health requirements.
- Plastic straws are not permitted on the festival site. Paper straws ONLY.
- Eliminate unnecessary waste items, over-packaging & products that are over-packaged. Reduce the use of plastic cutlery and plastic bags. Use wooden stir sticks and paper bags when needed.
- Correctly sort and dispose of waste, recyclables, and compostable at the event.
- Rinse clean all recyclable containers used in food preparation and use blue or clear bags for collection.
- Bring goods into the festival in cardboard or reusable boxes/containers.
The KJEF Thank you for your cooperation!
Documents to send to KJEF:
|Pre-Payment of FULL Vendor Fee (paid online)
|Damage deposit (paid online)
|Copy of FoodSafe Certificates for each staff member
|Copy of Zero Waste Agreement
|Copy of $2 million public liability
|Copy of Health Permit/Special Event Food Services Permit
|Payment of additional charges if applicable