2017 Food Vendor Booth:
$525.00 + GST/Service Fee + camping
PRE-PAYMENT IS DUE UPON APPLICATION. PLEASE PAY HERE:
- Completed Vendor Application Form online
- Pre-Payment of base Booth Fee online
- Damage Deposit Cheque mailed to KJES
This VENDOR BOOTH INFO PACKAGE constitutes an AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE with KJES
By submitting an application you agree to conform to all the conditions and acknowledge that the Damage Deposit is held as security, and can be forfeited for non-compliance.
Services Included & Additional Charges:
- Admission for 4 staff persons for 3 days is included;
- all additional staff over 4 must purchase festival admission
- 10’x15’ vending space;
- Every foot of frontage, or portion, over 10’ adds $25/ft – includes hitches, service area, prep area, door access, etc.
- One 20 amp duplex electrical receptacle is included;
- $50/additional 20 amp duplex receptacle; must be noted in application
- Generators onsite are NOT permitted;
- Only CSA certified equipment allowed;
- Access to festival grey water system is included;
- Mandatory: Vendor must provide an automatic sump pump and check valve with storage for grey water with a ¾” outlet for connection to festival system;
- Hook up to municipal potable water system is included
- Vendor must provide food grade hoses for hook-up.
Conditions & Vendor Requirements:
- Each vendor must have $2 million public liability and provide a copy of policy by June 1, 2017
- $300 “Damage Deposit” will be held by KJES until after event to ensure site is cleaned up
- Vendor will supply a separate deposit as check or cash, for $300, dated August 4, 2017
- Cash returned or checks destroyed by August 20th – on verification that conditions are fulfilled as stated;
- Each booth shall have at least one minimum 5lb ABC fire extinguisher;
- Hours of Operation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am – 11:00pm
- Deadline for Registration is March 15th, 2017; Confirmation of acceptance will be by March 30th, 2017
- Payment of Fees is due upon remitting Application. Application is not considered complete without pre-payment. Fees will be returned in the event of unsuccessful application. Upon acceptance to the festival there will be no refunds.
- No smoking in vending or food areas – note our festival site is a non-smoking event
- There is no refund if health permit is revoked.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- A Special Event Food Services Permit must be obtained for your booth from Regional Health. A copy supplied to KJES by June 1st, 2017; call (250) 505-7221 for info or download. If you do not supply this by June 1st, you will not be able to vend
- Each operator and worker must have completed the B.C. FoodSafe Course and certificates must be copied to KJES by June 1, 2017
- No food preparation on site unless in a commercial kitchen approved by Regional Health
- All vendors must provide their own utility wash sink with sump pump and storage for grey water with ¾” outlet;
- No grease or solids disposed of on-site – they must be tanked and arrangements can be made with the toilet pumping service truck;
- When set up is complete, please contact the Vendor Coordinator for inspection, a checklist will be completed and signed by the vendor for our files.
- VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN WITH VENDOR COORDINATOR BEFORE GOING ON SITE OR SETTING UP;
- VENDORS MUST LOAD IN AT THEIR ASSIGNED TIME on Thursday August 3rd between 8AM TO 8PM
- Site locations for booths will be maximum 10-ft frontage by 15-ft deep, unless prior arrangements are made with the Vendor Coordinator (additional fees)
- All booths MUST be set up and ready to go by 10:00am on Friday. No vehicles on site after 9AM on Friday morning. Absolutely no exceptions. The Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival Vendor Coordinator will assign locations
- Vendors are responsible for their own shelters, tables, chairs and other required equipment/materials
- Each Vendor is responsible for their products and possessions left on site;
- VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO REMAIN ON SITE, loading and unloading before and after the event by arrangement with Vendor Coordinator
- THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON FESTIVAL SITE OR KASLO BAY PARK ROAD. Vendors will have to park at their camp site or make alternate arrangements.
- Vendors are required to supply and maintain at least one garbage container, one container for returnable and one container for composting in their booth. KJES will inspect and collect all waste from your booth throughout the weekend. Vendors not abiding by the zero waste policy will risk losing their damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for separating garbage, compost, recycling.
- Deadline for removal of all goods from site is Monday at noon
- All vendors must be “Bear Aware” and keep booth and area secure, clean and free of attractants.
KJES will consult with vendors to help with zero waste strategies. We need your help to eliminate garbage from the festival. We are asking vendors to follow these zero waste guidelines to help reduce waste. Thank you for your cooperation.
Vendors who fail to comply with this zero waste policy will lose their damage deposit and not be considered for future events.
Zero Waste Hints: PLEASE CONTACT KJES FOR BIO-DEGRADABLE FOOD SERVICE SUPPLIES
- Sell food/beverages at the event in packaging that can be recycled or composted. Reduce use of disposables wherever possible.
- Please DO NOT sell food/beverages packaged in non-recyclable or non-compostable materials, for example: Polystyrene, Glass (for safety reasons), and Waxed cardboard. Recyclable plastic in our area are numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7.
- Avoid single serving items: instead use large closable dispensers or squeeze bottles Bulk containers need to meet health requirements.
- Eliminate unnecessary waste items, over-packaging & products that are over-packaged. Reduce the use of plastic cutlery and plastic bags. Use wooden stir sticks and paper bags when needed.
- Correctly sort and dispose of waste, recyclables, and compostable at the event.
- Rinse clean all recyclable containers used in food preparation and use blue or clear bags for collection.
- Bring goods into the festival in cardboard or reusable boxes/containers.
Our goal is to eliminate garbage going into landfills! We need your help!