2022 Food Vendor Booth
$600 including tax/fee
Please note: Camping is NOT included in Vendor Fee. If you require camping, please contact the Vendor coordinator after being approved as a 2022 Vendor.
PRE-PAYMENT IS DUE UPON APPLICATION. PLEASE PAY HERE:
- Completed Online Vendor Application Form
- Pre-Payment of Vendor Fee paid online
- Damage Deposit of $300.00 + non-refundable service fee paid online
This VENDOR BOOTH INFO PACKAGE constitutes an AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE with KJES
By submitting an application you agree to conform to all the conditions and acknowledge that the Damage Deposit is held as security, and can be forfeited for non-compliance.
Services Included & Additional Charges:
- Admission for 4 people for 3 days is included; any additional staff over 4 must purchase festival admission. Please contact Vendor Coordinator for details.
- 10’x10’ vending space; Every foot of frontage and depth over 10’ adds $25/ft – includes hitches, service area, prep area, door access, etc. Purchasing multiple spaces is permitted.
- For example: 15’ frontage X 20’ depth is: $600 (10×10 base fee) + $125 (frontage) + $250 (depth) = $975
- One 20 amp duplex electrical receptacle is included;
- Additional power pricing (selected in application):
- Generators onsite are NOT permitted; Only CSA certified equipment allowed;
- Access to festival grey water system is included;
– Mandatory: Vendor must provide an automatic sump pump and check valve
– With storage for grey water with a 3⁄4” outlet for connection to festival system;
- Hook up to municipal potable water system is included; Vendor must provide food grade hoses for hook-up.
Conditions & Vendor Requirements:
- All vendors must be present at the festival site for a mandatory meeting with our Green Team for a 30 minute Zero Waste orientation on Thursday July 28, 2022. Please see below for further information on our Zero Waste Policy.
- Each vendor must have a valid business license with the Village of Kaslo and provide a copy of the license by June 24th, 2020. Business licenses can be purchased through KJES for $10.00 + fees if required.
- Each vendor must have $2 million public liability and provide a copy of policy by June 24th, 2022
- $300.00 Damage Deposit + non-refundable service fee will be held by KJES until after event. Deposit must be paid by credit card. Deposits will be returned by August 20th 2022 upon successful completion of this agreement. Service fees are non-refundable.
- KJES reserves the right to inspect vendors booths for compliance in all matters relating to this agreement not limited to: Zero Waste Policy, Booth Size/Footprint and electrical usage. Any violations to the Vendor Agreement may result in withholding of damage deposit by KJES and / or removal from site.
- Each booth shall have at least one 5lb (minimum) ABC fire extinguisher.
- Vendors must supply their own hand cart for moving supplies from festival parking areas to vendor booth. Vehicles cannot drive on site.
- Grey water plumbing hook-up must be assembled and ready for plumber ASAP upon load-in. DO NOT leave booth unattended without being plumber-ready. System must be in place, clearly visible and ready for plumber to connect.
- Food Vendor Hours of Operation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:30am – 11:00pm. You must be open the entire duration of these hours, all three days. Food Vendors must be open to campers/volunteers from 11:30 – 2pm, and gates open to the public at 2pm
- Food Vendors must accept Kaslo Jazz Food Vouchers ranging from $5 for volunteers to $15 for artists/crew. Volunteer vouchers will be re-imbursed in full by KJES. Artist/Crew vouchers will be redeemed at $10 per voucher.
- Deadline for Application is June 15, 2022. Completed applications will be notified of decision by June 22nd, 2022.
- Payment of Vendor Fees is due upon Application. No Application is considered without pre-payment. Unsuccessful applications will be refunded by June 24th, 2022.
- No smoking in vending or food areas – note our festival site is a non-smoking event.
- There is no refund of Vendor Fees for successful applicants after approval.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- A Special Event Food Services Permit must be obtained for your booth from Interior Health. A copy must be supplied to KJES by June 24th, 2022; call (250) 505-7221 for info. If you do not supply this Permit by June 24th, or notify KJES of any delays, you will not be permitted to vend.
- Each operator and worker must have completed the B.C. FoodSafe Course and certificates must be copied to KJES by June 24th, 2022
- No food preparation on site unless in a commercial kitchen approved by Interior Health
- All vendors must provide their own utility wash sink with an automatic sump pump and check valve and storage for grey water with 3⁄4” outlet;
- No grease or solids disposed of on-site – they must be tanked and arrangements can be made with the toilet pumping service truck;
- When set up is complete, please contact the Vendor Coordinator for inspection, a checklist will be completed and signed by the vendor for our files.
- VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN WITH VENDOR COORDINATOR BEFORE GOING ON-SITE OR SETTING UP;
- VENDORS MUST LOAD IN AT THEIR ASSIGNED TIME on Thursday July 28th 2022 between 8AM TO 8PM
- Site locations for booths will be maximum 10-ft frontage by 10-ft deep, unless prior arrangements are made (additional fees apply).
- All booths MUST be set up and ready to go by 10:00am on Friday. No vehicles on site after 10pm Thursday July 28th 2022. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Vehicles are permitted to park in the festival parking areas for supply drop-off each morning from 7am – 9am. Parking is very limited. VEHICLES CANNOT DRIVE ON SITE. ALL vehicles must be CLEAR FROM THE PARKING LOT by 11am. NO exceptions. Failure to adhere to parking instructions will result in loss of entire damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for their own: camping, parking, shelters, tables, chairs and other required equipment/materials. KJES is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, broken or otherwise misplaced.
- Vendors agree to not hold KJES responsible for any loss of business that might occur due to unforeseen circumstances, cancellations, or changes to the event.
- Security Guidelines: Each Vendor is responsible for their products and possessions left on site. Vendors will not leave cash on site overnight. KJES does not provide overnight Vendor security; please discuss your needs with the Vendor Coordinator. It is strongly suggested that your booth be securely “locked” for overnight.
- VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE SITE AFTER 10PM THURSDAY JULY 28th
- Loading and unloading before and after the event by arrangement with Vendor Coordinator only.
- THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON FESTIVAL SITE OR KASLO BAY PARK ROAD. Vendors will have to park at their campsite or make alternate arrangements.
- Vendors are required to supply and maintain at least one garbage container, one container for returnables and one container for food composting one container for paper in their booth. KJES will inspect and collect all waste from your booth throughout the weekend. Vendors not abiding by the Zero Waste Policy will risk losing their damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for separating and labelling appropriately: garbage, food compost, recycling. Do not use on-site festival waste stations.
- Ice sales will be available on site. If you would like to purchase ice please see Vendor Coordinator. If you cannot reach them, please go to HQ.
- Deadline for removal of all goods from site is Monday August 1st at 5pm.
- All vendors must be “Bear Aware” and keep booth and area secure, clean and free of attractants.
ZERO WASTE POLICY
Our goal is to eliminate garbage going into landfills! We need your help!
The Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival has created a Zero Waste Policy to facilitate a Green Festival! Please thoroughly read and sign the Policy and send it to the KJEF by June 24th, 2022.
Link to Zero Waste Policy: https://kaslojazzfest.com/zero-waste-policy/
This Zero Waste Policy is MANDATORY for all vendors at KJEF. Vendors are required to comply to all policy instructions clearly and thoroughly for the entirety of the festival.
Vendors who fail to comply with this Zero Waste Policy will lose their damage deposit and not be considered for future events.
Documents to send to KJEF:
|Pre-Payment of FULL Vendor Fee (paid online)||With Application|
|Damage deposit (paid online)||With Application|
|Copy of FoodSafe Certificates for each staff member||June 24th|
|Copy of Zero Waste Agreement||June 24th|
|Copy of $2 million public liability||June 24th|
|Copy of Health Permit/Special Event Food Services Permit||June 24th|
|Payment of additional charges if applicable||June 24th|