2023 N.P.O./Charitable Society Vendor Booth
$365.00 including tax and fees
- Please note: Camping is NOT included in Vendor Fee. If you require camping, please contact the Vendor coordinator after being approved as a 2023 Vendor.
PRE-PAYMENT IS DUE UPON APPLICATION. PLEASE PAY HERE:
- Completed Online Vendor Application Form
- Pre-Payment of Vendor Fee paid online
- Damage Deposit of $100.00 + non-refundable service fees paid online
THIS INFO PACKAGE CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE with KJES
By submitting an application you agree to conform to all the conditions and acknowledge that the Damage Deposit is held as security, and can be forfeited for non-compliance.
Services Included & Additional Charges:
- Admission for 2 people for 3 days is included;
- any additional staff over 2 must purchase festival admission. Please contact Vendor Coordinator for details.
- 10’x10’ vending space; Every foot of frontage and depth over 10’ adds $25/ft – includes hitches, service area, prep area, door access, etc. Purchasing multiple spaces is permitted.
- For example: 15’ frontage X 20’ depth is: $365 (10×10 base fee) + $125 (frontage) + $250 (depth) = $740
- One 20 amp single electrical receptacle is included;
- $50/additional 20 amp single receptacle (select in application)
- Generators onsite are NOT permitted; pricing for other power
- Only CSA certified equipment allowed;
Conditions & Vendor Requirements:
- All vendors must be present at the festival site for a mandatory meeting with our Green Team for a 30 minute Zero Waste orientation on Thursday August 3rd, 2023. Please see below for further information on our Zero Waste Policy.
- Each vendor must have a valid business license with the Village of Kaslo and provide a copy of the license by June 30th, 2023. Business licenses can be purchased through KJES for $10.00 + fees if required.
- $100.00 Damage Deposit + non-refundable service fees will be held by KJES until after the event. Deposit must be paid by credit card. Deposits will be returned by August 31st 2023 upon successful completion of this agreement. Service fees are non-refundable.
- KJES reserves the right to inspect vendor booths for compliance in all matters relating to this agreement not limited to: Zero Waste Policy, Booth Size/Footprint and electrical usage. Any violations to the Vendor Agreement may result in withholding of damage deposit by KJES and / or removal from site.
- Each booth shall have at least one 5lb (minimum) ABC fire extinguisher.
- Vendors must supply their own hand cart for moving supplies from festival parking areas to vendor booth. Vehicles cannot drive on site.
- Festival Hours of Operation: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 2:00pm – 11:00pm. You must be open the entire duration of these hours, all three days.
- Deadline for Application is May 16th, 2023. Completed applications will be notified of decision by May 30th, 2023.
- Payment of Vendor Fees is due upon Application. No Application is considered without pre-payment. Unsuccessful applications will be refunded by June 10th, 2023.
- No smoking in vending or food areas – note our festival site is a non-smoking event.
- There is no refund after approval of applications.
- VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN WITH VENDOR COORDINATOR BEFORE GOING ON-SITE OR SETTING UP;
- VENDORS MUST LOAD IN AT THEIR ASSIGNED TIME on Thursday August 3rd 2023 between 8AM TO 8PM
- Site locations for booths will be maximum 10-ft frontage by 10-ft deep, unless prior arrangements are made (additional fees apply).
- All booths MUST be set up and ready to go by 10:00am on Friday August 4th. No vehicles on site after 10pm Thursday August 3rd. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Vehicles are permitted to park in the festival parking areas for supply drop-off each morning from 9am – 11am. Parking is very limited. VEHICLES CANNOT DRIVE ON SITE. ALL vehicles must be CLEAR FROM THE PARKING LOT by 11am. NO exceptions. Failure to adhere to parking instructions will result in loss of entire damage deposit.
- Vendors are responsible for their own: camping, parking, shelters, tables, chairs and other required equipment/materials. KJES is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, broken or otherwise misplaced.
- Vendors agree to not hold KJES responsible for any loss of business that might occur due to unforeseen circumstances, cancellations, or changes to the event.
- Security Guidelines: Each Vendor is responsible for their products and possessions left on site. Vendors will not leave cash on site overnight. KJES does not provide overnight Vendor security; please discuss your needs with the Vendor Coordinator. It is strongly suggested that your booth be securely “locked” for overnight.
- VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE SITE AFTER 10PM THURSDAY AUGUST 3rd.
- Loading and unloading before and after the event by arrangement with Vendor Coordinator only.
- THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON FESTIVAL SITE OR KASLO BAY PARK ROAD. Vendors will have to park at their campsite or make alternate arrangements.
- Vendors are required to supply and maintain at least one garbage container, one container for returnables and one container for food composting one container for paper in their booth. KJES will inspect and collect all waste from your booth throughout the weekend. Vendors not abiding by the Zero Waste Policy will risk losing their damage deposit. Vendors are responsible for separating and labelling appropriately: garbage, food compost, recycling. Do not use on-site festival waste stations.
- Deadline for removal of all goods from site is Tuesday, August 8th at 5pm.
- All vendors must be “Bear Aware” and keep booth and area secure, clean and free of attractants.
Zero Waste Policy:
Our goal is to eliminate garbage going into landfills! We need your help!
The Kaslo Jazz Etc. Festival has created a Zero Waste Policy to facilitate a Green Festival! Please thoroughly read and sign the Policy and send it to the KJEF by June 30th, 2023.
Link to Zero Waste Policy: https://kaslojazzfest.com/zero-waste-policy/
This Zero Waste Policy is MANDATORY for all vendors at KJEF. Vendors are required to comply to all policy instructions clearly and thoroughly for the entirety of the festival.
Vendors who fail to comply with this Zero Waste Policy will lose their damage deposit and not be considered for future events.
The KJEF Thank you for your cooperation!
Documents to send to KJEF:
|Pre-Payment of FULL Vendor Fee (paid online)||With Application|
|Damage deposit (paid online)||With Application|
|Copy of Zero Waste Agreement||June 30th|
|Payment of additional charges if applicable||June 30th|